The Photo Templater aims to create DXF files from field templates in minutes. The workflow contains the following well defined steps:
- Mount the field template on the green or blue background board. For best accuracy make sure the template is flat on the board.
- Enter the template thickness before taking the picture.
- In the Photo Templater software click “Take picture”. The image is taken and the template sizes and outlines are automatically detected. Vectorizing routines deliver lines and arcs at the object’s outline.
- Some segments need fine tuning or conversion. Manually refine lines, arcs and splines.
- Use the built in fine tuning tools and align the corner points to snuggly fit the template outline.
- Modify the template outline to customer’s specifications.
- Apply 90° angles where necessary.
- Add offsets or corner radius.
- Apply tangential smoothing.
- Mark reference line for horizontal or vertical export.
- Click the “Export”-button ! your modified outline is saved as DXF and ready to import to CAM.
- The exported file is a clean DXF file. Ready to be used in a CAD to add further details or directly be sent to the CAM to program the machine.
Contents of the Photo Templater package
- Software: Photo Templater and Camera Service. Includes 1 year of free software updates.
- Hardware: Digital Camera, high quality lens, continuous power supply, tripod geared head.
- Instructions: Manuals and training.
- Installation: Optional, but highly recommended installation on location; included training.
- Support: Free support by e-mail and phone.
- Subscription: Optional yearly subscription for software updates.
Possible setup scenarios
Templater table with top
Templater board on wall
with top mounted camera.
Free mounted templater
board with camera on